Candida – the Cause of Your Skin Problems?
What is Candida?
Candida is type of fungus infection that can cause skin problems. Often the symptoms are minor but candida can also cause a range of health problems from digestive trouble to a general feeling of being unwell with lack of energy and headaches.
Candida is a form of yeast that lives in your mouth and intestines. Under normal conditions it aids digestion and nutrient absorption. However, the “western diet” is now so full of sugar and fermented products that candida starts to overgrow and can even break down the wall of the intestine to infect the bloodstream.
How to Treat Candida
Allopathic Treatments for Candida
Your Doctor will usually prescribe drugs like ketoconazole or clotrimazole which are antifungal drugs. More powerful drugs, such as nystatin or amphotericin B, may be prescribed but can have serious side effects.
Eliminating a candida infection means stopping the yeast overgrowth. Doctors may prescribe anti fungal drugs such as Diflucan or Nyastatin.
The Natural Way to Treat Candida
The best way to naturally cure candida overgrowth is by changes to your diet. These changes may not need to be permanent as once a healthy gut has been restored your tolerance to foods that encourage candida growth may be improved.
The most essential changes to make are:
– Eliminate carbohydrates from your diet. Replace bread with rice crackers. No wheat or flour products.
– Avoid all sugar. Sugar is yeasts favourite food. No sweets, sugary desserts
– No alchohol
– Fruits. Avoid fruits as most have high sugar level. The exception are lemons and grapefruit.
– Avoid sugar containing vegetables – reduce complex carbohydrates like grains, beans, fruits, bread, pasta, and potatoes.
– Avoid all fermented foods.
By making changes to diet only it could take three to six months to regain control of the candida.
Supplements to Help Kill off Candida Infection
A quick search on the internet will soon reveal that people with candida overgrowth are achieving genuine long term cures using changes to diet and natural herbs, minerals and oils.
– Coconut Oil: Rich in Capryllic Acid which makes holes in the cell walls of the yeast killing it off.
– Oil of Oregano: This is a very effective, natural, anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti viral and anti-inflammatory properties! 
– Probiotics: Restore the balance of healthy bacteria with good quality Probiotics on a regular basis. Use only “human strain” prociotics with a wide range of bacteria and dosage of 25 to 100 billion units.
– Tumeric / Curcumin: Research shows that Curcumin was much better than conventional drugs such as fluconazole at inhibiting the adhesion of Candida species. Start with 1/4 teaspoon up to about 1/2 teaspoon twice a day. Make a glass of water with juice of a fresh lemon and add the tumeric for an easy way to use the tumeric. Lemon juice is also an excellent alkalising drink.
– GLA – Gamma Linoleic Acid: Include high doses of this fatty acid in the diet. Can be included naturally by using Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil or Culinary Argan Oil
Common Candida Symptoms
Candida overgrowth will cause a wide range of skin problems such as:
Pure Argan Oil 60 ml
Pure double filtered Organic Argan Oil with almost no Argan nut smell.
- 100% Pure Oil
- Certified Organic
- In Stock
- Quality Guarantee
- Free Worldwide Delivery
– Blotchy complexions
– Eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
– Redness, rashes and itchiness
– Redish or purple patches
– scaling and cracks in the skin
– Sore, inflammed patches
– maceration, soft white skin patches
– White pustules around of affected areas – seborrheic eczema
– Intertrigo – an irritation of the areas with folds of the skin.
– Body rash as a result of excess sweating, antibiotics, or lack of movement.
What is the Cause of a Candida Overgrowth?
There are many reason that candida can get out of control and they are almost all due to a diet:
– Eating lots of refined carbohydrates and sugar that feed the candida yeast
– Consuming a lot of alcohol
– Oral contraceptives
– High stress lifestyles
– Taking antibiotics
Calming External Inflammation
Redness and rashes as well as dry skin patches can all be treated with natural oils.
Coconut Oil – is rich in Capryllic Acids that moisturise and reduce inflammation as well as fighting candida infection when taken internally.
Argan Oil – is a strong anti inflammatory and anti septic which can be combined with other oil to help reduce redness and inflammation.
We recommend “Naturally Scented” Argan Oil for inflamed skin conditions.